Pickin' at Horseshoe Bend
- Old time music at its best! Anyone who plays an accoustic instrument is welcome to participate. The pickin' starts Thursday, May 2nd at 6pm at Ron Henry Horseshoe Bend Park in McCaysville. For more information, call the Fannin County Recreation Department at (706) 632-7696.
May 2, 2013 - September 26, 2013
- Michelle is back!!! Michelle Malone, armed with a bottleneck slide, harmonica, and her signature soul-filled vocals. Her albums Sugar Foot and Debris, were both on the Grammy Award ballot for best Contemporary Blues and Best Americana Albums respectively. May 3rd at 7:30pm. For more information, call (706) 632-9223.
May 3, 2013 - May 3, 2013
An Evening of Bluegrass in the Mountains
- The Fannin County Empty Stocking Program is proud to announce An Evening of Bluegrass 2, our 2nd annual benefit concert. This year the show features One Goal and Flatline. Mark your calendars for May 11, 2013 at 7:00PM at the FCHS Performing Arts Center. ONE GOAL includes Aaron Allen, David Anderson, Raven Welch and Jamie Mason. One Goal is returning for our 2nd annual concert. At last year's show their beautiful harmonies and music filled the Performing Arts Center. They have traveled throughout the Tri-state area performing and sharing their incredible, God Given talents. FLATLINE featuring Brett Cantrell, Brad Kaylor, Adam McFarland and Kyle Davis just recently won their 2nd straight Georgia State Championship title at the Fiddler's Convention in Hiawassee, Georgia. Flatline is also in the process of recording their first CD. If you haven't heard them in concert, then you are missing out. This is also the 2nd year Flatline has joined us for our benefit concert. Tickets will be available at the door the night of the show only for $5.00!!! What a deal! Two incredible bands, one great night of entertainment for only $5.00 per person. All proceeds go to benefit The Fannin County Empty Stocking Program. 706-632-9262
May 11, 2013 - May 11, 2013
Atomic Adventure Race
- SPORT 5 Hour and ELITE 30 Hour Adventure Race. Blue Ridge is an adventure racer's dream with true mountain biking trails, hiking trails, river paddling with rapids, lake paddling and great climbs. Also there are plenty of opportunities in Blue Ridge for kids, family and friends to be entertained during the event.
Pangea Adventure Racing
May 12, 2013 - May 19, 2013
- West Main Street across from the Fannin County Courthouse in downtown Blue Ridge will again be the host of the Saturday morning Farmer's Market. By mid May the market will be open, with hours being from 8am until 1pm every Saturday. For more information, call (706) 258-4552.
May 18, 2013 - October 26, 2013
Blue Ridge Arts in the Park
- Historic Downtown Blue Ridge across from The Depot. 37th Annual Arts in the Park Festival. A southern tradition, features over 200 arts, crafts and food booths. The best in mountain crafts and fine arts, artist's demonstrations, music and dance. Arts in the Park has been recognized as one of the Top 20 Events by the Southeastern Tourism Society. Sponsored by the Blue Ridge Mountains Arts Association. Admission is $5.00. Blue Ridge Mountains Arts Association
May 25, 2013 - May 26, 2013